WPE’s expert separation scientists and engineers have unrivaled experience in research, development and engineering of membrane separation processes for water and energy sustainability. In addition, WPE’s state-of-the-art laboratory and engineering facilities enable us to deliver the science, technology, and innovation needed to quench the water planet’s thirst.
In the course of delivering desalination and water reuse solutions for clients in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East and the Far East WPE’s membrane experts have encountered a large number of membrane plant installations with crippling operational difficulties, including:
- Increased operational costs
- Increased energy consumption
- Degraded product water quality
- Excessive plant downtime
- Accelerated membrane replacement
Such operational challenges typically relate to membrane fouling and scaling, and the resulting over-exposure to harsh cleaning agents and disinfectants.
WPE developed Membrane PRO™ (Membrane Performance Recovery & Optimization) as a comprehensive service package for water treatment membrane plant managers and operators.
WPE’s Membrane PRO™ is a three-step solution designed to diagnose the root causes of membrane performance decline, prescribe the most effective and economic solutions, and ensure ongoing success.
- Diagnosis: Site visit, review of operational data, water quality analysis, geochemical modeling and membrane autopsy to establish the underlying cause of plant performance decline.
- Prescription: Institute enhanced cleaning protocols to immediately recover plant performance and optimized pretreatment chemistry and membrane process operating conditions to ensure stable plant performance.
- Maintenance: Continued monitoring and plant performance review to ensure optimized plant performance is maintained over time.
- Independent and unbiased, expert analyses and recommendations
- Immediate plant performance recovery and optimization
- Reduced operating costs and plant downtime