When you have a challenging separation problem that no one else can solve, call Water Planet Engineering and we will deliver a unique solution to meet your needs. WPE maintains a world-class facility offering computational modeling, process design, and engineering analysis capabilities, in addition to state-of-the-art water quality, oil characterization, membrane separation, and phase separation services, including the following:
Water quality characterization (Std. Methods, US EPA, CA DHS, etc.)
- Physical: pH, conductivity, solids, color, turbidity, particle size/charge, etc.
- Inorganics: hardness, alkalinity, specific ions, metals, boron, chlorine, etc.
- Organics: TOC, DOC, UV254, BOD, COD, oil & grease, etc.
- Biological: CFMs, PFUs, coliforms, etc.
Oil and emulsion characterization (ASTM, API, IMO, USCG, etc.)
- Rheological: viscosity, density, API #, gravity separation
- Composition: BS&W, oil & grease, emulsified and free water quality
Bench-scale separations research, development, and testing
- Chemical jar testing
- Particle coagulation, flocculation, and sedimentation
- Oil emulsion breaking, solids sedimentation, and oil flotation
- Precipitation, oxidation, adsorption, and ion exchange
- Conventional separations
- Dissolved air and induced gas flotation
- Plate separators and centrifuge separation
- Media filtration (sand, ion exchange, GAC, nutshell, etc.)
- Membrane separations
- Microfiltration, ultrafiltration, and nanofiltration
- Reverse osmosis and forward osmosis
- Pervaporation and membrane distillation
Process design, engineering, and optimization services
- Advanced geochemical modeling and computational fluid dynamics
- Process performance, energy, and economic analyses
- Modeling, design, and optimization of integrated membrane systems
- Mechanical and electrical system designs, P&IDs, 2D/3D-CAD designs
- Design, engineering, and procurement of separation equipment
- Delivering turnkey pre-packaged and custom water purification solutions
- Pilot-testing and autopsy analyses – fouling, scaling, degradation, failure
- Review and analysis of plant operational data and autopsy reports